Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
Microsoft Office 2000 was released on June 7th, 1999. It was the last version to officially support Windows 95 and the last version to come without online activation for the standard editions available to consumers.
|CPU||PC with Pentium 75 MHz or higher processor|
|RAM||32MB (for Windows NT 4.0 or later) or 16MB of RAM (for Windows 95 or 98) for the OS, 4MB of RAM for each application running simultaneously, 8MB of RAM for Outlook or Access|
|Disk drives||CD-ROM drive|
|HDD space||217 MB for Disc 1, 174 MB for Disc 2|
|Display||VGA or higher-resolution monitor; Super VGA recommended|
|Input||Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device|
|OS||Windows 95 or later, Windows NT 4.0 SP3 or later|
Applications Included in Office 2000
Click the images to go to each individual page (actually don't, they don't work yet)
I have... several copies of this, including a copy in Japanese that I can't read. Not to worry, an English version of Windows 2000 can't display it properly either, at least, I haven't been able to get it to display. Anyway, my copies include:
- a bootleg copy with a scratched and unsuable disc, I think the first one but I don't really remember
- a copy of just the CD in the jewel case with a scratched and unusuable second disc
- a copy of just the CD in the jewel case, in Japanese
- a boxed copy that may or may not be for an upgrade version (I'd have to check), but I put a full version I had gotten separately in the box because it came with an upgrade version
- the aforementioned upgrade version, just the CD in the jewel case. I've never used this one because there's no point in using the upgrade version when you have a full version available.
Office 2000 Professional is installed on my Optiplex GX1 under Windows 2000, and I used the first disc of the set with the unusable second disc and the second disc of the Japanese set, so Publisher is in a combination of Japanese and question marks. I also have this running under WINE on a Dell Precision 3530, except I used English for all of it. Actually, now that I think about it, I might've installed 2000 Standard on the Precision... Doesn't really matter since I only ever use Word and Excel on it anyway.
The below text was taken verbatim from the back of the box.
Powerful tools for managing your business.
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional is rich in capabilities and easy to use, providing six integrated productivity applications you need to make smarter business decisions. From high-profile projects to the tasks you do every day, this is the one you'll depend on to get the job done.
Communicate with customers more effectively. Use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mail, and manage all your tasks, appointments, and contacts.
Create powerful presentations quickly. The new Tri-Pane View in Microsoft PowerPoint makes it easy to add new slides, edit text, and enter notes--all from one window.
Build new databases and forms easily. Track all your business data from a single place--wizards in Microsoft Access make it simple.
Manage your business, share information.
- Share information with anyone. Office 2000 applications support HTML so you can easily share your work with others, regardless of the software they use.
- Improve your effectiveness with the specialized Microsoft Small Business Tools. Communicate better with customers, access key industry resources, and generate direct mail campaigns.
- Build a prescence on the Web. Make it easy for customers to find out more about your company. Wizards in Microsoft Publisher walk you through the steps to create a professional-looking Web site.
Make better business decisions.
- Turn your numbers into answers. Apply easy-to-use tools to conduct rich interactive analyses. Microsoft Excel PivotCart dynamic views allow you to graphically identify trends and opportunities.
- Identify and act on opportunities. Understand your customer base using the account tracking and analysis tools in Small Business Customer Manager.
- Create, manage, and share a databse. Microsoft Access makes it easy to organize your data and share it online to enable better business decisions.
Streamline the way you work
- Reduce downtime, improve reliability. Self-repairing applications search for missing or corrupted files and repair them automatically so you don't have to.
- Quickly gather information from multiple sources. Collect up to 12 pieces of information from Office documents and then paste them either individually or all at once. It's easier tan ever with Collect and Paste.
- Use what you know. If you already use Microsoft Word or Excel, you can save time with the familiar Microsoft Office menus and toolbars.
|Software||Microsoft Office 2000 Standard||Microsoft Office 2000 Professional||Microsoft Office 2000 Professional|